The Canadian Institute for Information and Privacy Studies (CIIPS) is a national charitable organization incorporated under the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act and registered with the Charities Directorate of Canada Revenue Agency.
CIIPS depends on the work of our volunteers, supporters, and partners, including our various boards and committees. Some of Canada’s leading researchers, educators, experts, practitioners, and entrepreneurs have stepped forward to support and volunteer at CIIPS. We are deeply grateful to each and every one of these people.
Our Vision & Mission
Our vision is a Canada where individuals and organizations enjoy the highest knowledge of access to information and privacy issues and people are able to reach their full potential as democratic citizens.
Through programs of research and education, we seek to increase public knowledge of access to information and privacy issues.
Our Statement of Purpose
The goals of CIIPS are the advancement of the education and knowledge of public access to information and privacy issues. We will advance our goals by:
- Studying the value, impact, and implementation of public access to information in Canadian society;
- Studying the value, impact, and implementation of privacy principles in Canadian society;
- Developing academic research papers, reports, and other materials focused on public access to information and privacy issues;
- Preparing, producing, and presenting public events and speaking engagements highlighting the issues of access to information and privacy principles;
- Creating educational programs for youth, high school, and university students, including:
- speaking tours and school curriculum materials featuring the issues of access to information and privacy principles; and
- Engaging other programs which further the goals of CIIPS.